Monday, February 28, 2011

Embrace Detours

Many people are familiar with the brand Life is Good, it is one of my favorites for comfort but mostly for their wonderful logos and smile inducing sayings.  Today I saw a tee shirt that said, "Embrace Detours"
How wonderful is that!
Often we tend to see any deviation from the initial plan as a negative, however I am sure many of you have experienced some wonderful things because something outside your plans occurred.
I know I have many times over.
Sometimes in simple ways such as when on a car journey and I saw a sign pointing to a historical landmark or place of interest that was off my current route.
Other times its been a workshop I'm leading that clearly needs to go in a different direction than the one that was scheduled.  The planned topic isn't needed but an offshoot is, so as long as I feel competent to do so and we ensure the original learning has taken place off we go!


I have met people, received opportunities, and had wonderful experiences by following an unplanned route.


I recognize that sometimes detours are time consuming and fruitless but some can be excellent opportunity creating excursions.


Overall I believe in embracing detours and not allowing them to ruin your day.
Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment